All the Weigh.
1. Meat and potatoes or pasta? I do absolutely love me some potatoes but I'm definitely a pasta girl! I can eat spaghetti noodles plain. I just love it!
2. Do you prefer Apple or Android? I really don't have any experience with the Android series. I have had an iphone since the 3 so I have been loyal through three upgrades. However, my hubs just bought me a Samsung Galaxy II tablet and I really like it a lot too. For now I will stick to my iphone but I am more open to new things than I used to be.
3. Do you kiss and tell, or do you keep it private? I'm a private gal.
4. If you had to choose one, would you choose Facebook or Twitter? I like Twitter and I honestly think I seem to be myself more on Twitter for some reason but I do love my Facebook time!
5. Christmas or Valentine’s Day? Christmas!! No contest!! In fact, I basically hate Valentine's Day. :-) I wrote a blog post about wearing black on V-Day and why I don't care for the holiday.
6. If you joined a band, would you prefer to do vocals or play an instrument? I would probably do vocals. I'm definitely not Carrie Underwood or anything. I think I'm just that bossy and I equate vocals with the leader. ha!
7. Hot weather or cold weather? I LOVE cooler weather and everything that it brings with it. I love the smells of fall, daylight savings time, Christmas, college football, sweatshirts, fireplace, etc.
8. Calorie counting or tracking points? I did Weight Watchers years ago and was successful so I know tracking points works! More recently though I have counted calories and carbohydrates (for diabetic purposes) and I have had very visble and true results. I have lost 30 lbs so far.
9. Yoga or kickboxing? I have never tried either! Considering my borderling ADD and my tendances to feel agressive, kickboxing might me right up my alley!
10. East Coast or West Coast? I lived in California for 4 years as a child and I would love to return for a visit. But I would really love to visit Maine, Charleston, and Savannah. So really I think I'm an East Coast girl.
Sunday, September 29, 2013
I'm back! I have been in a weird funk for about 6 months...ok maybe not that long. I think for so many years I was so focused on finishing my degree that when I finished in May, I didn't know what to do with myself. I fell into some weird depressive mood that I couldn't escape. Through identifying my problem and working hard to not allow myself to go down that dark road, I feel like I'm back. I feel more motivated to blog, read, or just do nothing! Apparently I like to have a full plate and don't know how to act without one!
And now on to our menu for this week...
Saturday - Game Night (Alabama Football that is). Homemade Pizza and Rotel Cheese Dip
My rotel cheese dip - 1 large block Velveeta, 1 can Rotel (mild), 1 package sausage (mild) in a crockpot for about an hour and a half. YUM!
Sunday - Cajun Chicken Pasta and Garlic Toast
Monday - Chili and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Tuesday - Sloppy Joes and Fries
Wednesday - Stove Top Chicken with Green Beans
Thursday - Grilled Chicken and Squash Kabobs, Roasted Potatoes, and Corn on the Cob
Friday - Grocery Night!
For hundreds of menu plans, visit Orgjunkie.com.
Monday, September 9, 2013
Saturday - We had a wedding to photograph so we grabbed drive-thru food on the way home.
Sunday - Hamburgers and seasoning fries
Monday - Chicken and Dumplings, green beans, and biscuits
Tuesday - Spaghetti and Salad
Wednesday - Crockpot Pulled BBQ Chicken, slaw, and fries
Thursday - Grilled Chicken, roasted potatoes, grilled squash
Friday - Oven-fried chicken, rice, roasted zucchini and onions
Not to shabby! We need to get back on our healthy eating kick though!
For tons of menu ideas, check out Orgjunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.