Monday, July 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

I got a nice little surprise on Saturday.  I did laundry so my closet floor was visible again and I found my scale.  After a few seconds of hesitation, I stepped on it.  5 more pounds are gone!  WHAT?!  So even though I didn't eat my best, those crazy speed walks to class all last month really helped!  So that little bit gave me a lot of inspiration fuel and I'm back full force watching my calories AND walking.  This week I'm incorporating some recipes as well as keeping some of our comfort food staples as I retrain myself to control portions.  You can still eat your old favorites if you watch how much you are eating.  We have two plate sizes at my house...standard and then HUGE.  We almost always use the huge ones so one goal is to use the regular plates.  Sounds silly for sure but it will invoke change in my diet.

Here's our menu...

Lunches:
leftovers
Spicy Chopped Salad
Cheese Quesadillas with Salsa

Dinners:

Saturday - We had a late lunch so we had a small dinner.  Fish filet and fries.

Sunday - Pizza.  I know, I know.  But it was for a special occassion.  My cousin and bestie bought her first house.

Monday - Kraut and Weinies, Pinto Beans, Veggies, and Cornbread (one of those comfort meals I spoke about)

Tuesday - Grilled Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Baked Okra, and Green Beans

Wednesday - Cheesy Taco Pasta and Refried Beans

Thursday - Grilled Pork Chops with Skinny Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli with Cheese Sauce

Friday - Grocery  Day!

For hundreds of menu plans, check out Orgjunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment