Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Recipe - Taco Pasta

I found this recipe at one of my favorite recipe blogs - Emily Bites.  I love her recipes.  They are healthy alternatives but using real food and she even features Weight Watchers Points Plus.  I adapted the recipe just a little bit to suit our taste and this recipe got the Hubs' seal of approval!  Super easy and flavorful!


The ingredients:
Whole Wheat Pasta (we used penne but next time I'm using shells), Taco Seasoning, Rotel (actually 2 cans), Cheese, Light Sour Cream.  And of course I forgot to include the hamburger meat.

Brown about 1lb of hamburger meat.  Next time I am adding diced onions for more flavor.
When finished, drain and rinse.


Side Note: While you are browning the meat, go ahead and prepare pasta according to instructions.
Add 1 oz pack of taco seasoning, 1/4 cup water, and two cans of Rotel (I didn't drain for extra spice).



Add pasta.  Looks yummy already!

Add about 1 1/2 cups of your favor cheeses and allow to melt.  I used the Taco mix but suit your own tastes.
Add 1/4 cup of Sour Cream.  Add salt and pepper to taste.


Ready to eat!!  Hubs added more sour cream to his bowl but I did not.  
This was a great new recipe for our collection.  I offered to do a side of refried beans or something but Hubs said this was plenty.  And trust me...he ate his fair share!

No comments:

Post a Comment