Monday, April 21, 2014

Aunt Mel

I have four adorable kids in my life.  They call me Aunt Mel.  I am truly blessed to have them all in my life.  I currently do not have any children but these special kiddos make my world a little bit brighter.  They are the children of mine and Hubs' best friends.  Two couples who I truly wouldn't know what to do without.  They are the kind of people who would be there if we needed them.  Regardless of time or place.  They are those kind of people.  I cherish them all so much and I am so thankful I get to join in and watch their sweet babies grow up. 

With the birth of our newest little guy, I thought I would talk a little bit about each of these special little people.







N was born right before his mom and I become good friends.  We knew each other through a mutual friend but it wasn't until later that we became close.  Now, she is one of my best friends.  In fact, N and his mom are the reason I started my photography business.  I began photographing him at 18 months.  He just turned 6.  His is so handsome, super smart, a wickedly-good baseball player, and the sweetest guy ever.  He still runs up to Hubs and I for big hugs.  For a boy, that's a big deal. 



EK has a double first name.  We often guess whether she will keep it or might drop to one name or the other as she gets older.  But, we realized that more times than not, we simply call her EK.  It's unique.  Just like her.  She is a ball of energy.  Our favorite little diva princess.  She's 4 going on 24.  And I hope she never changes.  It's probably a good thing both her dad and her Uncle Bob own shotguns.  And she pretty much thinks her bud N hung the moon.



Baby C joined our group in November.  Apparently she knew her mom's OCD number issue so while she was scheduled to be born on November 22, C decided to make us wait until the 23rd.  We were not only surprised at her long-awaited arrival but then she decided to be born with red hair.  Our little red headed, fair-skinned doll.  N is her big brother and he LOVES his sister.  I was so blessed to be there to photograph our entire journey.  It was a day I will never forget.  And as girly as her momma is going to make her, her dad is still an influence.  She recently learned to spit.  Sadly, it's the cutest thing I have ever seen.

And last but certainly not least...



Big Man L just arrived last week.  He's a tax day baby.  And he might just be one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen (except for maybe N, EK, and C).  I got to love on him at the hospital and again at his house.  He is so laid back (at least when I am around).  I can't wait to really see his big sister EK interact with him.  I have a feeling she will be bossying him around before long.  I can't wait to see him play with C the way their older siblings play together. 



That's them.  My babies.  I do love them so.  I wish them all lives full of love, laughter, and amazing friendships.  I pray they are strong, compassionate people and that they follow their dreams.  The world is a big place and I hope the four of them can cover as much of it as they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment