Sunday, March 27, 2011

Healthy Finds #1

Hubs and I are discovering lots of new foods on our journey to healthy eating.  Here are some of our recent additions to our pantry...

Sam's sells this amazing chicken rub called Canadian Chicken.  My parents actually gave us a sample about a year ago.  Hubs and I are eating a lot of chicken and are always looking for new ways to season them.  Canadian Chicken is a great new rub.  This works great for baking or grilling chicken!

 This isn't actually a new find.  Hubs LOVES green beans.  He can eat them everyday.  Our favorite brand is Allens (except when I make green bean casserole then I use Green Giant's french cut).  To season these, I add a little salt and pepper and a dash of olive oil.  I let them boil for about 20-30 minutes.  Yum!

 I'm still learning how to like broccoli and this is a great way to train my taste buds.  We discovered Green Giant Steamers and love them!  Plus!  These babies are super great on Weight Watchers points!  In addition to the broccoli and cheese, we have tried the kernel corn in butter sauce.
 
I picked up a bag of Stacy's Pita Chips last week to go with my homemade hummus (first attempt fail!).  We love these!  They are tasty and a great alternative for real potato chips.  These are great with a sandwich (on whole wheat of course)
  
Weight Watchers has an incredible app that has made a huge difference in our shopping!  We stood on the bread aisle at Publix for 10 minutes comparing points for breads.  Sara Lee's 45 Calories and Delightful Wheat bread is excellence on points and it has a great taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment