Monday, June 9, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

Hubs and I are on a cleaner eating kick.  Of course we are in our ever present search for new menu ideas that are healthy and this week we really did well and since last week we have both already seen results on the scale!  Here is this week's menu...

Since we grocery shop on Thursday nights, I'll start then with our menu...

Thursday - Grocery night and out to eat.  It was Mexican and wasn't entirely healthy but we didn't want hungry bellies for the grocery store.  See I can rationalize this well.  :-)

Friday - Quinoa Meatball Subs - I used this recipe but instead of sliders I used full-length whole wheat buns.  Delicious!

Saturday - I had a wedding photography gig and Hubs spent the day painting so we opted for easy yet it wasn't too bad at all.  We picked up a Palmero's Flatbread Pizza from BOGO at Publix.  We split it for 410 calories each and paired it with a salad.  Delicious and filling.

Sunday - Turkey Meatloaf, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans
I made up my own recipe using ground turkey, parsley, minced garlic, onions, oats, and quinoa.  YUM!

Monday - Spaghetti and Salad (again using ground turkey and whole wheat noodles)

Tuesday - Chicken Stir-fry over rice
Picked up some sesame-ginger sauce from Publix.  Planning to add onions, squash, and zucchini

Wednesday - Fish (either some frozen whiting filets we have or regular Gorton's Fish Sticks), Rice, and asparagus

For tons of meal ideas (even ones you can make healthy) visit Orgjunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete