Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our White Christmas

  Our Christmas celebrations started on the Sunday before with a dinner and ornament exchange with friends.  I didn't take many pictures but I did get one with our favorite little boy and Hubs. 

For Christmas Eve with my family, we usually do a themed dinner (almost always mexican).  I offered to make homemade chinese food.  It turned out execellent if I do say so myself!

 Hubs favorite dish!  Chinese Chicken Salad.  Amazing.


My own stir fry experiment. It is a variation on General Tso's.  Turned out really good!
Never underestimate the power of ginger, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.

Of course we had fried rice.  A TON of it!


And lastly, EGGROLLS!  I did not make these homemade due to time but aren't they pretty!?!



When we arrived at my parents' house early Christmas morning, they were watching home videos of Christmases past.  This video is from 1991 - one of several holidays we had in California - shows my mom and brother (only 3 at the time) opening presents on Christmas Eve from our family in Alabama.



Later in the morning at my in-laws house, the rain/snow mess started but we (me and the 9yr old) were ecstatic when we realized the rain stopped and it was all snow and it was sticking to the porch and yard.
Even the puppy, Merlin, got in on the action.  He LOVED eating snowballs.



Hubs wanted a snow picture.



Lovely White Christmas.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment