Wow..I'm really opening up here!!
I joined Weight Watchers in September with a three month free trial before I had to start paying (gasp!) the $17 fee. I was very committed...for about a week. Well it was more like 3. I lost like 10 lbs. I was ecstatic! That feeling didn't long.
Here's an equation for you -
Eating out (a lot) + a treadmill that does not get used + a permanent butt impression in my couch = Fail.
In light of several things, I typed that wonderful website back into my browser this morning and found out that Weight Watchers has launched a new meal plan called Points Plus. It seems very similar to the original point system but they give you "power foods" and fruits & veggies no longer have points. So, I'm back on program (after lunch). I plan to do some heavy reading on this new plan and then I'm running with it.
Who starts a diet before Christmas? Well, there is no better time. I can find 198,376 excuses not to get back on program but I need to just do it.
Here are my "reasons" both serious and not:
- My diabetes could potentially go away (forever!) if I could lose 50 or so pounds.
- When I got to the beach, I won't be deathly afraid of a swimsuit.
- Also at the beach, while floating in the ocean, I won't be mistaken for a whale.
- Bigger isn't always better.
- Bye Bye Blood Pressure Medicine (maybe). This may be a genetic issue but why not lose the weight to find out for sure.
- Not being confined to one little corner of Maurice's (who has awesome clothes).
- Being able to wear skinny jeans and boots. While I technically can do this now...there are certain people with certain legs that should never wear skinny jeans...I would be in that category.
- Not ever hearing the phrase, "She (random person) isn't that big. She's your size." Blech!
So...join me for my journey as I whine, complain, yell, and maybe see a change.