Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Resturant Rave - The Pita Stop

If I haven't told you lately, I LOVE greek food.  Well mediterranean food fits in that category too.  My boss and I frequently visit The Pita Stop on Southside.  We both love their chicken special.  The special comes with a salad (and house dressing), wild rice, seasoned grilled chicken, fresh hummus, and pita bread and to make it even more delicous - the total cost (after tax) is only $8.75! 

This meal is so flavorful and so filling.  I'm telling you...in another life I was Greek. 

Interesting fact, the origin of my name (Melanie) is Greek.  The meaning is black, dark-skinned (probably much like a Greek maiden.  Although my parents didn't search baby name books for my name and purposely choose from Greek names but rather I was named after Melanie Wilkes from Gone with the Wind (which surprisingly also makes me happy).  Where was I going with this? 

Anyway, go visit The Pita Stop at 1106 12th Street South in Southside.  You won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Being Greek myself, I'm also a HUGE Greek fan. Did you know that The Pita Stop has a new location in Cahaba Heights? It's great, also. But my favorite in town is definitely Dodiyos. YUM.

    ReplyDelete