Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Friend Makin Monday


I'm joining Friend Makin' Monday over at All the Weigh! 

1) What is your favorite food? 
This is a hard one!  It depends on my mood.  Sometimes I am desperate for chinese food and other times I'm craving Italian.  Probably my most favorite food(s) are my mom's homemade specialities - veggie soup, tomato gravy, etc.  Or my granny's chicken and dumplins. 

2)  What is your favorite childhood memory?
My dad's brother owns a horse ranch where he buys/sells/boards/gives lessions.  Because of that influence, we had horses when I was young.  I almost always had a horse or pony all to myself.  I have such vivid memories of riding my pony (Little Man) and running through the pasture with my dad's favorite Quarter Horse (Penny) and her baby (Prissy).  Those horses were as much a part of my childhood as real people.

3) What is your favorite way to burn calories? 
I love the exercise bike at the gym..they have several different kinds to help with upper body as well as cardio.  It makes me want a bicycle of my own.

4) What is your favorite mode of technological communication? 
Text.  I have never been a big phone person and I don't check my home email enough to matter.  I love texting.  It isn't always instant so sometimes if I am texting my mom and I really need an answer quickly it is best to pick up the phone.

5) Who is your favorite actor/actress? 
Oh man!  I don't know!  My husband's top 2 fav actors are Denzel Washington and Liam Neeson.  I would have to agree.  Also add Mark Walhberg and Leo DiCaprio.  I love a good shoot 'em up movie with any of those guys!  For actress, I'll watch just about anything with Reese Witherspoon.

6) What is your favorite lip color?
I am currently using an Avon lip gloss called "Mocha Latte" and I love it.  It isn't too pink and puts just enough shine.

7) Who is your favorite historical figure? 
I'm not good at this chosing one favorite thing!  I have a list of inspirational people of history and those whom I would loved to have had a conversation with - Martin Luther King, Jr., Teddy Roosevelt, Robert Kennedy, and Anne Frank is definitely up there too!

8) Who is your favorite athlete?
I am a HUGE Alabama Crimson Tide football fan and Mark Ingram could defintely be considered a favorite.  He is a Heisman winner, NCAA National Championship winner, and now he plays for the New Orleans Saints.  I think he's not only an amazing athlete but seems like a pretty awesome person who didn't always have the easiest life but he did his best and used his talents.  And he really loves his mom.

9) What is your favorite TV network? 
I haven't had cable in my house in maybe 4 years.  I watch 99.9% of my television shows on the internet via their network stations, Netflix, or (my favorite) Hulu.  So my favorite tv network is any network that makes alternative-viewing (internet) easy.

10) What is your favorite site on the web?
Honestly, probably Facebook.  I just love keeping up with people and their lives.  I love to see that a great friend from high school now teaches at our high school or that my "baby" cousins are no longer babies but pretty awesome leaders in their communities.  I'm a sucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment