Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

This week starts a change at our house.  I am beginning the Couch to 5K training program and with that I am working hard to change our menu, eating habits, etc.  I was so proud to go through the checkout line at the grocery store with at least 50% of my items being produce!  That was big for me.

Here is our first week....

Lunches -
Homemade Chicken Salad with whole wheat bread or wheat saltines
Taco Soup
Turkey Sandwiches

Dinners -

Saturday - Gameday Chili

Sunday - Savory Chicken and Rice, Green Beans, White Corn

Monday - Baked Chicken, Roasted Potatoes and Onions, Roasted Asparagus, Rolls

Tuesday - Hungry Girl's Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Cheese Biscuits

Wednesday - Grilled Chicken (on the Forman grill), roasted squash and zucchini, corn, and baked beans

Thursday - Cheeseburger Macaroni, green beans, and garlic toast

Friday - Grocery Shopping Night!  Not sure what's on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment