Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Sweet Old Dog

Our sweet old weinie dog, Coby, passed away early Tuesday morning.

I'm heartbroken and I truly miss my sweet buddy but I am so thankful he isn't in pain any longer.  Without going into much detail, he took a turn for the worse on Friday and we watched over him all weekend.  He passed away on his own, and for that, I am so thankful.  Making that decision would have been so hard.  I will cherish that last night when he let me hold him (he didn't want to be held or touched over the weekend) and love on him. 

People without pets don't realize how much they can become a part of your life.  We adopted Coby seven years ago when he was five years old.  He was our constant companion even after cats and birds both came and went.  I'm so glad he came into our lives as our furry child and I will never forget his sweet face.

5 Things About Coby

1.  He LOVED cheese.  He knew what the sound of the bag sounded like and would come running.
2.  He loved rocks.  The bigger the better.
3.  He loved to snuggle and be hidden in blankets.
4.  He hated having a bath but afterwards he would run around like a maniac and dive into the floor.
5.  He was crazy about people. He loved being talked to and held.  He was more social than Hubs and I!

Rest in peace buddy.  Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment