Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Championship Day

I am a huge Alabama Crimson Tide fan.  I grew up with it and married into a true crimson family.  This year we cheered the Tide onto a third national championship in just four years.  Yes...all hail Coach Saban.  But seriously, Alabama football is all about tradition, ceremony, and some amazing talent.  This weekend Hubs and I went down to Tuscaloosa with some friends to watch the Championship Parade and Ceremony then we were treated to an amazing experience of walking on the field at Bryant-Denny Stadium.  Having sat in all sorts of places in the stadium (including just about as high as you can go in the 100,000+ seating venue), it was so neat to stand on the fifty yard line and look up. 

We definitely got our exercise on Saturday.  We parked waaaaaaay away from the stadium then stood for about an hour waiting for the parade to start, then stood at the Walk of Champions for the ceremony, then stood in line to get into the stadium, and finally the looooonnnnng walk back to the car.  But we had a blast and the 3 year old with us did amazing, espeically considering we did a lot of walking and waiting.  I'm fairly sure I whined more than she did.

 

Big Al!

Some of my favorite players - Lacy, Yeldon, and Drake!



Coach and Mrs. Saban.  I think they are precious.


Coach speaking at the ceremony.

In the tunnel where the players enter the field.

Us on the field!  I HATE having my picture taken but inspiration abounds!






Definitely an awesome experience for my hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment