Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's only Thursday?

Because I work for a state institution, we were off on Martin Luther King, Jr., Day.  Anytime we have a Monday off, the week seems to drag by.  I don't know why.  At least the weekend is almost here!  And more importantly, that means grocery shopping day is almost here and for that I am grateful.  I'm out of fruit, milk, and bread.  I raided Hubs' stash of Smart Ones.  You know I'm so excited about that. 

Yesterday was a really good day.  I forgot my dinner picture so I used one from the recipe I posted.  It's not exactly a healthy meal but we were craving it and it was packed with flavor.  Forgive the picture...iphone camera + bad office lighting is not good for my photography skills.
Overnight Oats
This recipe is from one of my favorite bloggers.  She does a lot of variations on her overnight oats so I used her recipe as a guideline.  I did not have any yogurt so I just did oats and milk overnight. The next morning I added half a banana and half a cup of frozen blueberries.  I also added two packets of Truvia (the walmart brand) for some sweet.


Lunch was Apple Cinnamon Cherrios
I have no idea but I was browing the cereal aisle last week and I started craving this cereal.  It sounded great for lunch!  I had a serving of cereal with a serving of 2% milk.
Dinner was Cajun Chicken Pasta.  One of our favorite comfort foods!


And my day was complete by lounging on the couch with Shelby.  This dog can sleep in the most uncomfortable looking positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment