Sunday, October 27, 2013

Book Review - DIVERGENT



After multiple recommendations, I picked up a copy of DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth.  I started reading it Friday night and had it finished by Saturday night.  When I find a book that I really enjoy, I have a hard time putting it down.  I read for hours yesterday.  It was that good.  I repeat.  It.  Was.  That.  Good. 

DIVERGENT takes places in a future version of Chicago.  The world is a very different place and the population is broken up into 5 factions - based on qualities and traits that each faction holds dear.  Beatrice comes from a selfless society.  She doesn't live for the frivolous things in life.  At age 16, all children complete an aptitude test and based on their own feelings and the results of their test, they choose to stay in their born faction or move to another.  Beatrice, later called only Tris, is divergent which means that she doesn't fit into just any category.  And ultimately, she cannot be controlled.

Like I said - it was that good.  From beginning to end, you are intrigued by their culture and then you begin an emotional journey with Tris. 

So my review - 5 out of 5 stars.  I was entertained and intrigued.  And I couldn't put it down. 

Of course when it was over, I was desperate for more.  Thankfully, there are two more in this series - Insurgent and Allegiant.

No comments:

Post a Comment