previously stated, I grew up thinking Elvis was a member of my family. My dad has always been a huge music fan (most especially an Elvis fan) so naturally that interest in music passed on to me. Seriously.
Elvis didn't make Oscar-worthy movies but I always enjoyed them....well most of them. My favorite movies are Blue Hawaii and Girl Happy. In the movie Blue Hawaii Elvis' character, Chad Gates, is a tour guide and at one point he ends up driving a pink Jeep. As a young girl, that pink Jeep was my dream car! On a trip to Graceland when I was 5, I had my picture taken with the Jeep. I was in heaven. This event took place again at age 23. I still want that Jeep. But, I digress...
Elvis had 149 songs to appear on Billboard’s Hot 100 Pop Chart and had over 150 different albums and singles that have been certified gold, platinum or multi-platinum. I don't know what I have a favorite song because I love so many of them. But here is one favorite -
My own personal Elvis facts...
1. I wrote a pop culture on Elvis paper in high school and received an A+.
2. My mom owns (and uses) Elvis luggage.
3. My dad knows the names of Elvis' signature suits and the time period in which they were worn.
4. Hubs and I and my parents all stayed at The Heartbreak Hotel on our last trip to Memphis.
5. I can quote several Elvis moves and it annoys Hubs. It's Fun. I can do it to John Wayne movies too.
Here are a few Elvis facts....
1. Until his late teens, Elvis was a blond.
2. Elvis won three Grammy awards...for his gospel recordings.
3. Elvis' birth certificate read, "Elvis Aron Presley" but his tombstone reads, "Elvis Aaron Presley."
4. Elvis is a member of both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Country Music Hall of Fame.
5. In the most recent poll, more than 10% of American's think Elvis is still alive. I do not.