Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Different Frame of Mind

I have never been so inspired before.  Over the past 6 months, I have lost about 15lbs but I have a long way to go!  I have incorporated my weight loss blog and my recipe blog all here in my everyday blog.  I have too many blogs.  Through blogging and keeping a record of my food, I am working toward true success this time.  Ultimate goal - reach my weight loss goal and have my diagnosis of diabetes removed.  Here goes nothing!

I went to Sam's Club on Friday to stock up.  It was so different to change my frame of mind to healthy and filling foods instead of convenience foods.  I bought ground turkey, chicken breasts, lettuce, green bell peppers, eggs, milk, whole grain bread, and more.  Instead of making my normal menu plan for the week, I have a variety of meals to choose from.  It is a great feeling to open my fridge and pantry and see it stocked with vegetables and whole grains.

I have found several blogs that have provided a lot of inspiration and food ideas.  Definitely check out Undressed Skeleton for some amazing recipes.  I already have several items on my list to make!  My other new favorite site is Peanut Butter Fingers.  I plan on making one of her overnight oats recipes soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment