Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cajun Chicken Pasta

We have been craving pasta around here lately. I searched and found several recipes and sort of made up my own. This decadent dish is wonderful and can easily fit various taste buds!

What you Need....
3-4 pieces of Boneless, Skinless Chicken
1/4 Chicken Broth
1 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
3 tsp Butter
Cajun Seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning)
Pasta (I used fetticini but different kinds were work as well)
2 Cups Italian Cheeses (use your favorites or a mixture like I did

First...Wash chicken and pat dry.
Then cover the chicken with plastic wrap (or in my case, two cut up sandwich bags)
then pound until fairly thin.  You will want the chicken thin enough so it will cook evenly in a skillet.

Next, use your cajun seasoning (as much or little as you would like.  I was generous.)
Then I sort of did a rub so the chicken was well coated.

Heat skillet to Medium-High Heat and melt 2 tsp butter.

Also, begin to cook pasta.  Cook until al dente.  Set aside.

Cook the chicken in the skillet until both sides are good and brown.
I didn't pound mine as thin as I should so I cut mine to
ensure it was done.
Remove chicken and set aside.

In the chicken skillet, add the chicken broth.

Next add the heavy cream.
Mix.

Add the last bit of butter and stir until melted.

Meanwhile....cut up chicken into bite size pieces.
now I will see that I almost stopped here.  The rubbed and skillet cooked chicken
was soooo good!

Back to the skillet, add 2 cups of cheese and mix until cheese
is completely melted.

Add fettuccine and mix well so all of the pasta is well coated.

Lastly, add the chicken.
Now, if you notice I forgot to take a picture of the completely finished product - it was that good!!! I served it with mozzarella garlic bread. Hubs ate two bowls of pasta! You can add more cajun spice if you wish. It was not overly spicy at all. Just right. We will be making this again!

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing and pretty simple too!! Found this on Pinterest

    ReplyDelete